Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

4 Course Valentine's Day Menu

Have I mentioned that I have the greatest husband ever?  Well, last night he surprised me with a romantic 4-course dinner.  I arrived home from work to delectable aromas coming from the kitchen, candles lit around the house, one of our favorite bands playing (the xx), and red tulips (my favorite) sitting on the dining room table.  Needless to say, I was impressed (and feeling a little guilty for my lack of effort this year).  We had already celebrated Valentine's Day on Saturday and had promised not to get each other anything since we have so many baby related expenses right now.  All I had for him was a measly little card...

John is am amazing cook and can whip up a delicious dinner, sans recipe, with whatever ingredients we have in our refrigerator and cabinets.  I, on the other hand, am challenged in this arena.  I do like to cook (at least occasionally), but I must follow a recipe and, even then, I often manage to mess something up along the way.  This makes me appreciate John's natural cooking talents even more.  I would never even think to attempt what he made last night...  Here's what was on the menu:

Drago's Grilled Oyster's:  John had these when he was in New Orleans on a business trip and raved about them.  They were amazing!!  He said his weren't nearly as good as the restaurant's, but I find that hard to believe...



Caramelized Fennel & Pancetta Field Green Salad



Eggplant Parmesan



Strawberry Cheesecake:  This was bought from our local grocery store...

It was an amazing dinner that made my pregnant belly very happy!

1 comment:

  1. I just want to reiterate that I did follow recipes on these dishes. The eggplant parmesan was really good and probably my favorite part of the dinner

    ReplyDelete