Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

36 Weeks Pregnant

Baby's Size and Development:  about 6 pounds and 18.5 inches long

Weight Gain:  27 pounds

Sleep:  I've been sleeping better, although I've been waking up much earlier than normal, despite my constant fatigue.  I've always been a night owl, and would usually sleep until well after 10am on the weekends.  Over the past month, I've been starting my weekend days around 7am.  Crazy, I know!!  As soon as I wake up, my mind is racing with things I need to do to prep for baby- running errands, doing laundry, organizing things around the house or in the nursery, etc- and I can't turn it off...  This "nesting" thing is no joke!

Best Moment This Week:  I found out at my doctor appointment today that I have dropped, Jackson is head down, and I'm already 2cm dilated!  I realize that this doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be here early, but my doctor made it sound like it will be sooner, rather than later...  Ahhhh!

Worst Moment This Week:  I'm trying really hard not to worry about this, but my appointment also brought some concerning news...  Baby Jackson is measuring a little on the small side- who would have thought with such larger than average parents!  As a result, my doc ordered a growth ultrasound (which I'll have on Wednesday).  She said that it's probably just because his head has already dropped so low...  She didn't seem too concerned because everything else looked good and his heart beat was strong.  Regardless, it's going to be a long couple of days!

Appetite/Cravings:  Nothing in particular.  This is probably because I've been having some bouts of nausea, reminiscent of my first trimester.  Also, my stomach has become even more squished, so I feel pretty uncomfortable after I eat.

Milestones:  Finishing the nursery- pictures to come!!

Pregnancy Thoughts:  My mind is constantly racing with pregnancy thoughts!  Let's see...
We went to a breastfeeding and baby care basics class last weekend.  I had no idea how much was involved with breastfeeding!  It's literally a full time job (and a painful one at that).  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it goes well for Jackson and I!
My contractions have been happening more and more frequently.  Each time I tell Jackson, "I'm ready, if you are!  Bring it on!"  Apparently, he's not quite ready yet.
Only 12 more days of work!!  (Unless I go into labor sooner, of course...)

No comments:

Post a Comment