Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

35 Weeks Pregnant

Baby's Size and Development:  about 5.25 pounds and 18 inches long

Weight Gain:  My weight has continued to increase by about a pound a week...  They say that at this point it's mostly the baby gaining fat and water retention.  I've definitely noticed this in my face (cute, I know), feet, and fingers (my wedding ring hardly fits anymore).  I've gained a total of 26 pounds.

Sleep:  I still have not been sleeping well and I don't expect that this will change anytime soon...  I continue to have a hard time getting comfortable and have to get up several times throughout the night to pee.  Luckily, I've been able to fall back to sleep more quickly lately.  Maybe it's the 'relax' tea I've been drinking before bed.

Best Moment This Week:  Not going into labor.  I had some pretty consistent contractions (about every 5-10 minutes for almost 2 hours) late Monday night.  Although my doctor said to call if I ever had more than 4 contractions in an hour before week 37, we decided to turn the lights off and try to get some sleep...  Probably not the smartest idea, but they ended up slowing down enough that I was able to fall asleep.  The next morning, John and I both admitted that we had been totally freaked out the night before and in complete denial that I could actually be going into labor.  Thank goodness it was just a false alarm!

Worst Moment This Week:  Annoying comments from random people.  Here are two examples just from today.  I was feeling a little chipper as I was walking into work and said good morning to an older lady I was passing.  How did she respond?  By saying, "Does baby like caffeine?"  (I was holding my travel mug in one hand).  First of all, how do you know what's in my mug?  Second, excuse me, but are you a doctor?  I abstained from coffee for my entire first trimester, but after my doctor assured me that 1-2 cups of coffee a day is perfectly fine, I have started drinking it again (it is my ONE guilty pleasure)!  Plus, I can't tell you how necessary it has become as the amount of sleep I'm getting has greatly diminished.  So, the answer to your question lady, is YES baby and mama do like caffeine, so shove it!
Later this afternoon a male co-worker told me that, based on my profile, he thinks that I'm going to have a 12 pound baby.  Wow!  Thank you for making me feel even huger than I already do!  Needless to say, it was a long day...

Appetite/Cravings:  I continue to have a very strong appetite!  Since baby is getting bigger, though, I get really uncomfortable after eating large meals (ie: Valentine's Day).  As a result, I tend to graze throughout the day.  I had two specific cravings this week- Vic's popcorn and 100 Grand candy bars (I've been allowing myself one fun sized bar a day).  Yum!

Milestones:  We had our shower a couple of weeks ago and received so many nice things for Jackson.  As a result, we were able to make some major progress in the nursery.  The crib now has a mattress pad and sheet on it.  Valences are hung.  Video baby monitor is installed.  Beautiful lamps adorn the dresser and changing table.  His dresser is FILLED with adorable little outfits.  The changing table now has a pad and is stocked with diapers, wipes, and ointments.  I often find myself sitting in the rocking chair in his room, imagining what life is going to be like once he's here.  KG also scratches at the door at least once a day so he can check things out (he definitely knows something is up)!

Pregnancy Thoughts:  Despite all of my current physical complaints, I feel extremely fortunate to be pregnant.  As many of you know, becoming pregnant was a long and stressful road for us.  I am so thankful that our fertility treatments worked and that I have been able to experience the wonder of growing a little human inside of me.  I really can't believe how fast the past 35 weeks have gone!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jamie! Believe it or not, it's from Target (part of the fall Liz Lange maternity collection). Best of all, I think it was only $25!

    ReplyDelete