1. Holding Jackson for the first time.
2. Watching my husband jump into the role of daddy like a champ- he's a natural!
3. Jackson gave us quite a scare his first day of life. His blood sugar was really low and he wasn't able to keep any food down. As a result, he was sent to the special care nursery a couple of times. He had to be fed with a feeding tube once, and when he still wasn't able to keep his food down, they ended up having to suction out his stomach. They almost had to transfer him to the special care nursery so that they could feed him sugar water through an IV, but just in the knick of time his blood sugar came up and he began eating like a champ!
4. Introducing our friends and family to Jackson.
5. Bringing our bundle of joy home (this was definitely a "best moment" but also extremely terrifying)!
6. Realizing that KG is going to be a great (albeit slightly needy and neurotic) big brother (and that he won't have to go live with my parents, as we feared).
7. Jackson has already had his fair share of peeing incidences- he has peed on the wall, his own face (I felt terrible!!), on me (twice), and on numerous blankets and onesies before I could get his diaper on (obviously my diaper changing skills need some refining). However, the funniest moment, by far, was when Jackson peed on the home care nurse while she was taking his temperature...
8. Reading Jackson his first book, "Guess How Much I Love You" (KG also joined us for story time and they were both asleep by the end of it).
9. Jackson had two doctor appointments this week to ensure that he's gaining enough weight and to make sure that his jaundice was clearing up. We've had good news on both fronts! Jackson weighed 5lb. 5oz. when we checked out of the hospital on Tuesday and by Saturday he was up to 5lb. 8oz.
10. Jackson had the hiccups on a daily basis when he was in the womb, but seeing them in person is priceless...