Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Packing the hospital bag...

Now that I could go into labor (or be induced) at any moment, I decided it was probably time to start packing the hospital bag...  This turned out to be a much bigger job than expected.  I know I've probably packed much more than I could ever need, but I've never been a light packer (just ask my hubby).  Here's what's in the bag (so far):
  • copy of my birth plan
  • ipod & docking station
  • camera & charger
  • video camera (NOT for filming the birth!)
  • Sex and the City DVDs (is that wrong?  i figure it will be a good distraction for early labor- before things get too intense...)
  • nursing gown & robe
  • slippers
  • socks
  • nursing camis
  • breast pads 
  • sweat pants
  • toiletries (shampoo, body wash, deodorant, toothpaste, etc...)
  • lotion (for massages during labor)
  • tennis ball (for massage, not tennis)
  • heating pad
  • snacks (power bars, hard candy, mints, crackers)
  • baby book
  • baby blanket
  • going home outfit for Jackson (with hat, mittens)
  • Bundle Me
Things to add at the last minute:
  • pillows (for John & I)
  • cell phones & charger
  • lap top
  • make-up, brush, hair dryer
  • glasses
  • contact lens case & solution
  • "Water for Elephants" (the book I'm currently reading- maybe another good distraction?)
Other items to bring:
  • exercise ball
  • car seat (already in car)
  • purse
  • boppy
  • diaper bag
    Am I missing anything?

    2 comments:

    1. First off, cute blog!
      Packing the hospital bag sounds so exciting! I still have a few more months to go.. :)
      Bring chapstick! I hear the air is kinda dry in the hospital and your lips get chapped pretty fast. Good Luck with everything!! :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thank you! Good advice on the chapstick. My lips definitely got dry in the hospital. Luckily, I had some chapstick in my purse : )

      ReplyDelete