Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

August Monthly Challenge- Motion Blur

Capturing motion blur from carnival rides at night has been on my "to photograph" bucket list for quite some time, so I was really excited that this month's challenge coincided with the Minnesota State Fair. Unfortunately, I forgot my tripod (a key component when using slow shutter speeds). Woops!! Thankfully, there were several recycling containers scattered throughout the midway that were about the right height... My photo session ended abruptly when it started to pour. Even though the thunderstorm cut my session short, the ominous clouds provided a perfect backdrop for the bright lights.




Thanks for looking! Next, head over to Angie's page. Then check out the other ladies in our circle: Caristy, Gina, Megan, Sarah, and Ana.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I love these pictures from the fair! These are SO cool. I love the bright vibrant colors and just how the colors just move around from all the movement. I have yet to make it to the MN state fair (know no longer living anywhere close to the area). Looks like you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fun! You did a great job especially without a tripod. I love all the colors and how you captured all the movement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these!! Especially the first one. I love all of the colors!

    ReplyDelete