Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

DIY Party Hat Garland

While searching for first birthday party ideas on Pinterest, I came across this and knew that I had to make one for Jackson's party! It was a really fun project!

Supplies:
  • several photos of your birthday subject (I picked 12, one from each month of his first year)
  • scrapbook paper or cardstock
  • ribbon
  • rick-rack
  • pom poms
  • hot glue
  • mini clothespins
  • Command cable clips


Steps:
  1. find several photos of your child (make sure that their face is straight on)
  2. use photoshop (or other editing software) to zoom in on the face
  3. print pictures, 4X6, in color or black and white
  4. carefully cut out faces
  5. cut triangles out of scrapbook paper/cardstock (mine measured 3.5" wide by 4.5" tall)
  6. glue various ribbon/rick-rack/trimmings to bottom edge of triangles
  7. glue pom pom to top of triangle to finish the party hat
  8. glue party hat to face
To hang, I stuck three, evenly spaced, cable clips under the edge of our fireplace mantle and then strung rick rack through them. I tied the ends of the rick-rack to the clips to make it more sturdy and able to hold the weight of all the party hats. Then, I used mini clothespins to hang the party hats. It worked perfectly! Finally, I used some leftover ribbon to hang the first birthday cutout in the middle. This turned out so cute that I still have it hanging a week after his party!

No comments:

Post a Comment